Remembering the first Christmas
IN THE WINDOW
We are offering a single prize of £100 to the Pontypool town centre business with the best NATIVITY display – showing the birth of Jesus – as part of their Christmas window* decorations. (*or front of a market stall). Judging will be on 11th December 2021. Read the full terms and conditions below.
WhY bring the nativity back?
No one would deny Christmas has become more commercialised. We are committed to helping our community remember the true meaning of Christmas.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- PROMOTER: This competition is operated by Sharon Full Gospel Church, Osborne Road, Pontypool, a registered charity number 1050642, with offices at Bethany, 7 Park View, Freeholdland Road, Pontnewynydd, Pontypool NP4 8LP. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
- OPENING AND CLOSING DATE: This competition opens on Monday, 1st November 2021 and closes on Friday 10th December 2021 (the “Competition Period”). Only entries submitted within the Competition Period will be valid and eligible for competition entry.
- ENTRANTS ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to all businesses trading from commercial premises in the town centre of Pontypool. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes businesses with premises open to the public on Osborne Road, George Street, Commercial Street, Market Street, Crane Street, Hanbury Road, Glantorfaen Road, Saint James’ Field, Lower Bridge Street, Clarence Street, Trosnant Street, Clarence Road, and Clarence Place in the NP4 postal district of the UK.
All entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, pick up a paper copy of the competition entry form from the church or download a copy at www.sharonchurch.co.uk/nativity and follow the instructions provided. Entry forms should be posted through the church letterbox or submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries must be received by the closing date. Maximum of one entry per business. No entry will be accepted unless a nativity scene depicting the birth of Jesus is prominently included in their business window/stall front decorations.
- PRIZE: The entrant with the winning nativity display will receive a cheque for £100 made out to their business name or to the UK registered charity of their choice. No substitute prizes will be offered. There are no runners up prizes.
- WINNER SELECTION: Judging of the competition will take place on Saturday 11th December 2011. All entries will be assessed by a panel of Sharon Church staff and volunteers who will choose 3 finalists. These will then be assessed by an independent judge who will choose a winner. Entries will be judged on creativity, originality of the design and overall visual impact.
- NOTIFICATION: We will contact the winner within 5 days of the judges selecting a winner. If the entry has been submitted via email, the winner will be notified via the email used to submit the entry. If a winner does not respond to us within 10 days of being notified by us, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and another winner will be picked from the remaining shortlisted entries.
- DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER AND JUDGE: If there is any dispute about the validity of any entry or any other aspect of the competition, this will be decided by us. The judge’s decision in relation to the winner is final and binding. Our decision regarding any other aspect of the competition is final and binding.
- WINNER: The winner’s business name and a photo of their winning entry will be published on the Sharon Church webpage, social media and in promotional materials.
- AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry into this competition shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions and agreement to be bound by them.
- DISQUALIFICATION: We reserve the right to reject any entry, withhold any prize and disqualify an entrant from the competition if we reasonably believe there has been any failure to comply with these terms and conditions.
- QUALITY AND OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: Any entries deemed by us to be, or contain any material that is, illegal, offensive, abusive, defamatory or explicit will not be eligible for competition submission.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize (if you win) except where it is caused by our negligence or the negligence of our agents or distributors or that of our or their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ADMINISTER COMPETITION: We may collect personal information in relation to this competition from you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and other applicable data privacy laws. Except as set out in clause 16 below, we will only use your information for the purposes of administering this competition.
- USE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: By entering this competition, you agree that, if you win, we may use a photograph of your entry, and your business name for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media or within promotional emails).
- CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF COMPETITION: We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to withdraw or cancel this competition without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
- CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available at www.sharonchurch.co.uk/nativity. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
- RELEVANT LAW: This competition and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and each entrant agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales if any dispute arises.